Let’s face it, the world we live in today is not as safe as it used to be. It pays to be prepared for any type of situation. To do that safely and discretely, you need to make sure that you have the best gun belts for IWB, or inside the waistband.
But what goes into making one belt better than another?
It can be tough to choose since there are so many to choose from on the market today.
But don’t worry!
I am here for you.
I have compiled a list of the best of the best belts out there today and will tell you everything you need to know to get your hands on the one that will work best for you.
The Best Gun Belts for IWB Reviews
1. The Ultimate Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt
This gun belt, which is produced by Relentless Tactical, claims to be the ultimate concealed carry belt. Looking at it and testing it out, it is hard to argue with that claim. First of all, it is a stylish belt, which comes in a variety of colors. This makes it easy to wear every day, wherever you might need to travel. This will help to make sure that you can keep your sidearm with you at all times.
Secondly, this belt is strong and rigid, since it is 100% leather. Unlike department store belts, you shouldn’t experience sag with your IWB sidearm. This, in turn, will help to keep you comfortable while you walk and sit, which again increases the likelihood of you wearing it regularly. If you do decide on this belt, just be sure to go a size up when you order, since they do tend to run a little small.
Our Rating: (4.9 / 5)
2. 5.11 Tactical Trainer 1 1/2-Inch Belt
Now, let’s say you don’t want a stylish belt and would rather go for a tactical look when you are out on the range or even in public. Well, this is the belt for you then. It is made from a rigid, yet comfortable, nylon mesh and comes in a variety of colors. The buckle is one that you need to feed the belt through, which might tend to slip if you are carrying a lot of gear.
While the buckle might slip a bit, it is quick and easy to fasten. This is a big help when you want to add more gear, or you have to adjust your gear’s position to get comfortable. Like all nylon belts, this one will probably stretch out over time, so make sure that you get the proper size right off the bat, so that you’ll have enough room to tighten it as much as possible.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
3. Hanks Gunner – Concealed Carry CCW Leather Gun Belt
If you intend to carry either a lot of gear or a larger pistol for your IWB sidearm, then this belt might be a good choice. It is extra-large and double thick leather, making it ideal for heavy loads. Of course, the tradeoff of this size is that it might not look quite appropriate for everyday use, depending on your line of work.
The holes on the belt are nice and big and easy to access, making it super simple to adjust. Like most gun belts, this one tends to run a little bit on the small side, so you’d need to go up a size to get the right fit.
Our Rating: (4.9 / 5)
4. Hanks Extreme – Leather Gun Belt For CCW
Hanks Belts are well known for their quality, and this one, the Extreme, is no different. The first thing that you notice when you put it on is the stylish, yet rigid design. Since it is made from 100% leather and has double stitching, it is a strong and rigid design that should have no problem holding even the heaviest of pistols.
Since it is so thick, if you purchase, make sure that you have a holster that will fit it correctly. Some holster clips might have a tough time reaching over and fitting on this belt due to its thickness. Of course, you’ll also have to make sure that you don’t wear it too roughly since leather will show any and all nicks, scrapes, and cuts.
Our Rating: (4.9 / 5)
5. MISSION ELITE Heavy Duty Tactical Web Belt
This nylon gun belt from Mission Elite is a good choice if you are operating in the range or in the field. While it might not be the best choice for everyday use, it should help to keep your IWB firearm safe and comfortable as you move about. It is really rigid for a nylon belt since it is thick and reinforced to stay rigid.
The buckle is a slide type, which might tend to slide if you try and carry too much gear on it. However, if all you have is your pistol, you should be just fine. The belt itself is lightweight and easy to adjust, and since it doesn’t have any set sizing like a leather belt, you can truly get it exactly as tight as you want/need it.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
What You Need to Look For in the Best IWB Gun Belt
No matter what type of gear you are looking to get your hands on, there are always a lot of factors to take into consideration. This is especially true for an IWB gun belt.
- Comfortable – As with any belt that you would be wearing, you need to make sure that the gun belt you choose is very comfortable. The belt you choose should feel good whether you have your pistol on you or you are without it. Let’s face it, if the belt isn’t comfortable, you won’t want to wear it. That also means you risk finding yourself in a situation where you won’t have your sidearm available.
- Style – While a tactical looking belt might be alright for the firing range, there are sure to be times that you’ll need to dress up a bit more as well. For those occasions, you’ll want a belt that could easily pass for a regular dress belt. This will also help your concealed carry weapon completely concealed since the belt won’t lend itself to the idea of you having a pistol.
- Stiffness – The main reason that you can’t just use a dress belt from a department store as a gun belt is because they aren’t for it. The only thing those belts need to do is hold up your pants after all. A gun belt, on the other hand, needs to hold up your pants and your weapon. It also has to be able to retain its stiffness even after you have drawn your pistol several hundred times.
Now Go and Get Your Belt!
So there you have it! Now you know everything that you need to go out and get the best belt for you IWB carrying needs. I hope that, after reading this article, you can find the belt that suits you perfectly! Stay safe, stay sharp, and be ready. Have a great day!